UPDATE - 20/04/21
If you think you fall into this category and have not yet been called for your first dose, please email email@example.com
People over the age of 16 with certain underlying health conditions are being prioritised for vaccination as part of group 6.
Most people in group 6 will be vaccinated by their GP practice. But if you are registered with Abertawe Medical Practice, Brunswick, Nicholl Street, University, Dyfed Road, Uplands & Mumbles and Mount surgeries, you will be called to a Mass Vaccination Centre (MVC.)
Some patients registered with Fforestfach Medical Group, Victoria Gardens and Kingsway practices may also be called to an MVC.
Vaccinations will take place between March 8th and April 19th.
I have an underlying health condition. Am I eligible under group 6?
Those who are eligible fall into the groups listed below, which have been recognised by the JCVI (Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation), although this is not an exhaustive list and may be amended.
Please note the list below is a shortened version of that published by the Government in the Green Book. Go to this page to access the full Green Book chapter and see page 10. We will also soon be adding the full list to our health board website.
- Chronic respiratory disease – including those with asthma that requires continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission, COPD and other severe lung conditions
- Chronic heart disease and vascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease – stages 3, 4 and 5, including transplantation
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease – Stroke, transient ischaemic attack (TIA). Conditions in which respiratory function may be compromised due to neurological disease (e.g. polio syndrome sufferers). This includes individuals with cerebral palsy, severe or profound learning disabilities, Down’s Syndrome, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease and related or similar conditions; or hereditary and degenerative disease of the nervous system or muscles; or severe neurological disability.
- Diabetes mellitus – Any diabetes
- Immunosuppression – Either due to disease or treatment.
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbid obesity
- Severe mental illness - Individuals with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, or any mental illness that causes severe functional impairment.
- Adult carers - Those who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable.
- Younger adults in long-stay nursing and residential care settings
Please remember this is a shortened version of the list in the Green Book. Go to this page to access the full Green Book chapter and see page 10.