Swansea Bay University Health Board has a longstanding excellent reputation for conducting commercial research. Swansea Bay University Health Board provides a number of services, and works closely with, commercial sponsors, to build a diverse research portfolio including:
- Direct links to Principal Investigators, covering all areas of health and wellbeing who are looking to expand on their research and development activities throughout the Health Board
- Contracts advice and support, facilitating an efficient review and negotiation process for setting up new research
- Proactive study set-up and management within the Health Board, including, oversight of study delivery and Quality Assurance
Commercial sponsors wishing to know more about the services and set-up processed in Wales can find information on the Health and Care Research Wales website. Health and Care Research Wales provides a number of services to support the progress of commercial research in the NHS in Wales, including:
- General Signposting - An information and advice service available to companies looking to initiate or expand on their research and development activities in Wales.
- Feasibility Co-ordination - A central and co-ordinated system is in place to facilitate reliable feasibility assessments, enabling rapid identification of new sites across Wales.
- Contracts Advice & Support - Specialist advice is available to colleagues in the NHS and industry to support efficient contract negotiation, and facilitate speedy study set-up.
- Study Set-up & Management - Support is available to enable the effective and efficient set-up of studies in the NHS and, where needed, provide oversight of study delivery.